So the reality of the last week was this...I was busy, I was tired and lazy about food. I did great at the beginning of the week, but by the end I had run out of steam and we had takeout and my snack choices were not great...I may have eaten three bags of fruit snacks yesterday :( When I feel tired or stressed, I don't want to cook and I make really horrible choices. But I am aware and I am ready to change it. Here are a few things I plan to research and start doing...
- Freezer meals. I need healthy meals in my freezer! It is a must because there are just too many nights that I don't feel like cooking. I wish I could say I love to cook and I get excited at 4pm to drop everything I am doing and come in to cook, but I can't! I get caught up in stuff, next thing I know it is 5pm and I forgot to take out the meat that I was supposed to cook tonight and boom my mind travels to Amatos, Thai food and really anywhere that doesn't require me to cook. There are tons of people on Pinterest that give you great ideas on freezer meals. I am going to start a freezer meal board on Pinterest and then I will share them with you...stay tuned.
- Meal Prepping. I need to start prepping stuff ahead. I have to make the time to prep things for the week so that I don't have to do it each day. This would make a huge difference in my time and what I grab for snacks. The problem is making the time consistently. I do it for a week or two after grocery shopping (and I LOVE the results) but then the next time I have to grocery shop quick, throw stuff in the fridge and head off to the next thing and it never gets done. I would love to hear some tips, if anyone has any, about making the time for this, I would love to hear them! Comment below!
- Toast, egg, tomato with bacon from the Clean Eating Challenge, Day 1
- English muffin with natural peanut butter and a banana
- Egg salad wrap from the Clean Eating Challenge, Day 4
- Turkey wraps with hummus and veggies like the Clean Eating Challenge, Day 1 and 5
- Peanut butter and sugar free jelly wrap with a side of veggies (this is perfect for throwing in a lunch box for the beach) These are the wraps that I use and it is surprisingly filling.
- Monday - we are having a loooong overdue date night and going to dinner.
- Tuesday - Mike's birthday and we are taking dinner to the beach. It may just be Subway.
- Wednesday - Homemade chicken tenders with a veggie
- Thursday - Fish on the grill with a brown rice and a veggie
- Friday - Pizza night! Homemade of course :)
- Saturday - We will have company this weekend, so I think we will throw some hot dogs and cheeseburgers on the grill with a salad.
- Sunday - Leftovers if there are any or breakfast for dinner. Egg sandwiches and fruit.
I am going to leave you with some funny e-cards! These all make me laugh and sometimes you just gotta laugh ;)