Now here is how the jeans fit....
I would say not a whole lot better than last week, but they still button. I have high hopes for next week!
- I met my steps goal 3 times this week, that is one more than last week!
- I met my mini goal of drinking more water!
- I worked on decluttering my space this week. I think permanent weight loss is going to involve much more than just calories in, calories out for me. I am trying to take in the whole picture. The whole picture of my life shows me that we are still living a little up and the air and unorganized from our major renovation last year. So step by step, I am settling in and organizing my new space. I think it is going to make a huge difference in my mind set!
- I documented a day of meals for me and that was a big eye opener. Stay tuned for more of those days!
- We bought a treadmill (ours had broken recently) and I bought the Beachbody Piyo program. I am excited about the treadmill because I can use that to get my steps in on days that I am not naturally doing it on my own. I have been putting my goal at 10,000 steps, but my doctor advised that I should aim for 15,000 steps when trying to lose weight. So I certainly need to not be letting less than 10,000 step days go by too often! Piyo is going to be great because it is low impact, I can do it in bare feet and will be great when I am trying to get a workout in early in the morning without waking the house. I have heard such great things about it, so I am excited to try it.
- I didn't get my steps in for 3 days...
- I only had one day of formal exercise.
- I ate macaroni and cheese one night for dinner, had a glass of wine and then a few snacks at book club that same night.
- I ate out for lunch one day and didn't make the best choices...like, I may have split an appetizer sampler with a friend. Mozzarella sticks, potato skins, chicken tenders, chips, you know what I am talking about? On this same day I may have had a few drinks and we may have ordered Chinese food for dinner.
My goals for this week coming up.
I am planning to make pizza tonight and make it healthy with a big salad on the side for me. One slice only since I had a few other cheat meals this week, I can't cheat again tonight. So even though I usually will splurge a bit on the weekends, when I am trying to eat really good, this weekend I am going to stay on track. My second goal is to do at least 10 minutes of exercise each morning at 6am next week. My doctor suggested starting out my early morning routine with 10 minutes of exercise and then increasing the time until it was 30 minutes 5 days per week. So I am going to start on Monday. Then of course keep up with my increased water goal from this week!
In closing I have a question for my readers! When you are trying to lose weight, do you give yourself a cheat day? a cheat meal? or just try to stay on track all the time?