Today I am going with a list. Just some random thoughts and things that I have decided or noticed since starting the carb cycling diet 4 weeks ago!
1. I drink more/faster out of a straw - I know, totally random, but I could drink two full glasses of water so fast when I put a straw in it! When I am sipping from the glass, I take a drink, put it down and go back to it later. With the straw, I take the whole thing down in no time! So, if you are trying to up your water intake, try it!
2. I could eat peanut butter and cheese every day. Every. Day. If you have been following along with me, this comes as no surprise to you!
3. I am getting fuller faster. I think because I am eating smaller meals more often throughout the day that even on reward day when I am paying less attention to portions, I am eating less because I seem to get full a lot faster! Definite bonus when trying to lose weight!
4. My favorite meal on my low carb day is the mushroom, onion and cheese, egg white omelet.
5. My favorite meal on my high carb day is my very own recipe for Buffalo Garlic Chicken Medley!
6. I am so thirsty all the time. Since starting to drink so much water in the day, I am so much thirstier. If you start trying to drink a gallon of water a day, be prepared to go to the bathroom A LOT and to constantly think about water after a week or so!
7. I get hungry right on schedule. There have been a few times this week that I haven't had a meal in 3 hours as I should, and I am telling you, my stomach lets me know! Clearly, pre-diet, I didn't let myself get hungry very often, because I haven't heard my stomach growl like this in a very, very long time!
8. Meal prep works better for me, by doing a little each day, rather than try to set aside a few hours to do it on one day. When I made my Buffalo Garlic Chicken Medley yesterday, I just made a big batch and divided it up for the rest of the week. When I cut up veggies for my omelet the first day of the week, I just cut them all up. It takes an extra few minutes that one day, but saves tons of time the rest of the week. When I made meatballs this week (which was already enough for two meals for us) I doubled the batch. This way I can either have them again another day if I don't feel like cooking or I will throw them in the freezer for another time.
Since I am going with a list today, I decided to throw in a "list" of some of my favorite ecards related to diet and exercise. Another random fact about me, I get a huge kick out of ecards! Enjoy!
If you want to see more about Carb Cycling, click here
For my progress, click here
Have a great Thursday!
Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see what the scale says!