Well, if you read my How the Jeans Fit Friday post, you know that I am getting a little sick of the carb cycling diet. I feel like I have lost my momentum with the diet and feel ready for a change. So, I had to make some decisions. What I have decided is that since the carb cycling diet is set up in cycles. I am going to take a break for a while. Not a break, like eat whatever I want break, but a break from carb cycling. Instead of following the carb cycling plan, I am going to track what I am eating on My Fitness Pal, stay within 1200-1400 calorie range, and keep with eating lower carb and clean foods. I will see how that is working for me and then in a few weeks I will do another 4 week cycle of carb cycling!
- Egg White Omelet with mushrooms, onion and cheese, side of strawberries or half english muffin.
- Bran cereal with almond milk and a side of fruit
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with tea
- Protein shake, if I need breakfast on the go
- Turkey roll ups (recipe coming soon!)
- Buffalo Garlic Chicken Medley
- Wrap made with protein and lots of veggies and greens!
- Chicken Fajitas (recipe up on Tuesday!) We can't get enough of these!
- Homemade Pizza
- Mongolian Beef from my freezer meals served with brown rice and broccoli
- Pork Tenderloin from the freezer served with veggies and a salad
- Breakfast for dinner
- Special Valentine's Dinner (not sure the plan yet)
- Veggies and Hummus
- Protein shake with a handful of almonds for on the go
- Greek yogurt with honey and granola
- Roasted chick peas. I have a couple of cans and I know I have seen recipes for these on Pinterest, so I am going to try them out!
- Popcorn - I miss popcorn!! This is our families absolute favorite...Yum! If you haven't tried this, you totally should!
I think this plan seems like a reasonable menu to be able to stay within my calorie range. I am happy with the things I am going to get to eat that I have missed. I feel like this is a good compromise of how I was eating and would like to continue, while getting in some healthy options that I really enjoy, all while keepin' it clean. What do you all think??
I will be excited to get on the scale on Friday and see how this plan has worked for me. My fingers are crossed that it is a great week! I went with this plan yesterday got on the scale today and I am already almost back to my last weeks weight before the gain! Yay!
Come on back...
Tuesday - Easy chicken fajita recipe
Wednesday - WIAW the new plan
Friday - How the Jeans Fit Friday!
Linking up my meal plan today with