I totally forgot to do my June Goals, but let's be honest, for most of June, I was just trying to survive the chaos! So let's call that a goal and be excited that I was successful, and move on to July!
July is going to be a big month for us! My babies are turning 9 and 5 this month, I am turning 35 and I am taking Olivia to her first concert... Taylor Swift here we come! Oh yeah and pending no complications with the city, we are ripping off our roof and adding a second story to our house, no big deal :) Just another month in the Litcher house!
Time to find out what my goals are for this crazy month...
1) Walk 3 times per week - I missed last week completely, but my goal is to get up and walk at least 3 times during the week. If I can get more days in, that would be great, but if I can do at least 3, I will call it success!
2) Take quiet time each day for prayers and reading - I have just started reading the book You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay and I have started the book Jesus Calling multiple times but always fall out of the habit of reading it. My goal is to have some quiet time to read the book, read the passage and pray each day.
3) Spend only when necessary - OK, so we are going to be spending like crazy in July because we are putting our second floor on (hopefully). Obviously Mike will be busy and I plan to do our normal activities with the kids, beach, parks etc. These things don't cost anything. What I am trying to avoid is the excitement of the finished reno and buying finishing stuff, decor etc. The goal is to wait until we move into the rooms and even then, not go crazy buying everything at once. It can be so hard when you just want to finish a room!
4) Have one on one time with both kiddos - My kids love one on one time and I need to make it a priority this month. During the school year, I got my afternoons with just Owen and most evenings were spent with Olivia at Girl Scouts or heading to dance, etc. During the summer, however, I am with them both all the time and I need to make sure I am getting time with both of them alone a few times this month!
5) Play - Both kiddos love when I play, but I will often spend their play time getting things done that I need to do. Or when we go out with friends to the beach or the park, I spend that time chatting with my friends. This is all fine and good, but I need to also get down and play sometimes. This is it for me, my baby goes to Kindergarten this year. Olivia is going to 4th grade. They won't want to play forever and I need to take advantage of the times they do. Housework can wait 15 minutes while I do one fun thing with the kids before I start! Yesterday at the beach, I swam out to the dock with the kids and I jumped off a few times just like a kid and it was so fun! I need to be more intentional about playing, this month and always!
That's it for July, I am keeping it small and simple since we will have a ton going on. What are your goals?
Linking up with My So Called Chaos!